A.S.P.E.N.'s online Self-Assessment modules are designed to support multi-disciplinary health care professionals seeking to assess their knowledge of nutrition support therapy both in clinical practice and research settings. Committed to positively impacting patient care, A.S.P.E.N. offers this interactive educational tool to enhance understanding of current evidence–based specialized nutrition and metabolic support.
This interactive E-training Portal allows you to sign up for program modules and to earn continuing education credits for physicians, nurses, pharmacists, and registered dietitians. For complete details and computer specifications, click here. Participants with disciplines not included under A.S.P.E.N.’s accreditations will receive an IACET CEU* certificate.
How does the Self-Assessment Program Work?
Preparing for certification exams?
Planning your professional development path?
Want to brush up on clinical skills?
As a health care professional, you need to stay current in your field. New information and new research bring changes to the way you provide specialized nutrition support. Regardless of your learning need, you’ll find A.S.P.E.N.’s Online Self-Assessment Program a valuable resource — and you can earn CE credits!
This online self-assessment program is accessible 24/7. It is module-based, meaning you can work with ease on one content area or many. Take the practice test and learn where you need to focus additional study! Purchase the entire program or only the modules you need.
Each module has 40-60 questions and includes a pre-test, syllabus, and post-test on the questions answered incorrectly. A timed practice test of 100 random questions from all modules is included with purchase of the full program. Additional resources included are a glossary and calculator. Access your modules for twelve months following registration and continue to practice questions even after you complete the program for continuing education credit.
Unsure which modules you need?
The 100-question practice test covering all modules is also available separately. Test your current knowledge to discover where you can use additional study, and then purchase the appropriate modules. Taking the practice test is also a great way familiarize yourself with the computerized test-taking environment. The practice test includes two attempts with each purchase.
- Nutritional Assessment
- Parenteral Nutrition
- Complications of Parenteral Nutrition
- Introduction to Enteral Nutrition
- Enteral Nutrition Administration, Monitoring, and Clinical Issues
- Condition-Specific Nutrition Support
- Considerations in Nutrition Support of the Pediatric Patient
- Considerations in Nutrition Support of the Older Adult
- Home Nutrition Support
- Fundamentals of Nutrition and Metabolism
View Module Pricing
|Member Price||Nonmember Price|
|All 10 Modules + Practice Test||$235.00||$310.00|
If you are interesting in Volume Purchasing, click here for more information.
How to Get Started! First, you must click here to create an account for Online Self Assessment, then you may purchase program modules. You will need a unique email address and, for A.S.P.E.N. members, your member number (all 10 digits including the initial three zeros).
If you have already created a user account and are registered, click here to login.
Overall Program Objectives:
- Identify areas of knowledge in specialized nutrition and metabolic support that require further study.
- Develop and integrate analytical thinking skills to improve clinical practice.
- Refine current clinical knowledge and practice to reflect recent advances in specialized nutrition support.
- Develop skills in interpreting medical literature.
- Increase proficiency in utilizing online resources and taking computerized examinations.